Acne Removal & Treatment
Lovely and clean space, came in for skin tag removals, everything went well, my practitioner was very attentive & informative.
- Kateryna Topol
What Is Acne?
A Birthmark is any mark, bump, or spot that is pres
Acne vulgaris is a skin condition formed when sebum, from hair follicle oil glands, clog up the pores. It’s the most common skin condition affecting both teenagers (most affected) and adults. If handled in the wrong way, it can lead to acne scarring.
As a common skin condition, Lumiskins is well experienced and equipped to provide you with the safest and effective acne treatment in Toronto.
ent during or shortly after birth on the skin of an infant. A birthmark is common, and rarely is it a sign of any underlying disorder. However, most of these birthmarks are not aesthetically desirable. That’s why at Lumiskins, we offer you a way to remove them safely.
What Causes Acne?
- Hormonal fluctuations – This is the main contributing factor in teenage acne. When adolescence begins, Androgen levels increase, leading to excessive production of sebum. The excess sebum causes a breakdown of cellular walls creating a way for bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes) to grow, causing acne. Hormonal fluctuations in adults can also occur, for example, during menses, which causes acne.
- Family history/ hereditary – If one or both of your parents have acne, you’re likely to develop the same or severe acne problem.
- Cosmetics – Certain products are comedogenic. This means that they’re pore clogging which can contribute to the development of acne. Use water-based products to avert acne from cosmetics.
- Drugs – Although most cases of acne are not drug-related, some medications are known to lead to or worsen acne. These include steroids, drugs containing iodide and bromide, contraceptives, and anticonvulsant medications.
Types Of Acne
Acne can be categorized into two main categories, i.e., inflammatory or noninflammatory. These can be further divided into several subcategories, including:
- Whiteheads – These are white flesh-colored bumps medically known as closed comedones. They usually occur in smaller pores.
- Blackheads – These are small black/dark-colored bumps, medically referred to as open comedones. They form in larger pores and appear dark because the pores are open and exposed to air.
- Papules – These result from the breakdown of the wall around your pores due to inflammation/ clogging of the pores. They are hard, red/pink, and tender swellings without any pus.
- Pustules – Just like papules, pustules form due to the breakdown of clogged pores (Comedones). Unlike papules, they have a well-defined white or yellow center due to the buildup of pus caused by the presence of bacteria and immune system cells.
- Nodules – These are formed due to continuous irritation of already clogged and inflamed pores. They are found deeper beneath the skin, unlike papules and pustules.
- Cysts – These are the most severe type of acne. They are formed deeper than nodules by a combination of sebum, bacteria ( acnes), and dead cells.
Acne Removal Methods
At Lumiskins, we understand the struggle of dealing with acne without successfully treating it using certain home remedies and cosmetic products. This is why we offer you the best, safest, and advanced acne treatment procedures in Toronto. Whether you have inflammatory or noninflammatory acne, our cosmetologist will examine it and advice on the best treatment plan for it.
We are using the most in-demand aesthetic treatments workstation – Venus Versa™
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
IPL is an advanced acne treatment procedure involving the use of high-intensity light emitted in quick bursts on the affected areas. This light targets and destroys p. acnes and the surrounding damaged cells, which stimulates your skin to produce collagen to start a self-healing process.
Benefits Of Acne Removal
- Prevents severe infections
- Improves your self-esteem and self-confidence
- Restores your aesthetics by eliminating acne vulgaris without leaving blemishes
- Reduces the chances of acne recurrence
Acne Removal Frequently Asked Questions
What do acne treatment procedures do?
Light therapy utilizes blue light at 460nm to destroy the bacteria causing acne. Chemical peels eliminate dead skin cells and open up pores to prevent comedones minimizing the chances of acne formation. IPL utilizes short bursts of a specific wavelength to destroy acne and stimulate self-healing. Each of these procedures aims at eliminating and preventing future occurrence of acne vulgaris.
Post acne treatment instructions and tips
Acne can recur even after a successful treatment plan. The following tips should be observed to maintain the realized treatment results and prevent reoccurrence of acne:
- Refrain from touching your face
- Use water-based cosmetic products only(non- comedogenic products)
- Avoid oil-based products (comedogenic products)
- Avoid picking acne lesions
- Always use a soft towel or hands with mild soap (gentle cleanser) to wash your wash twice a day and after strenuous activities
- Always remove your make up before sleeping
- Avoid acne triggers such as stress and anxiety
- Do not wash or scrub your skin excessively as this irritates it
- Shampoo your hair daily if your acne occurs along or near the hairline
What is the duration of the results?
How long does it take to perform the procedures?
How does acne treatment work?
Who We Are
We Offer you a wide range of beauty treatments
Meet With Professional Team
What Clients Says