Lovely and clean space, came in for skin tag removals, everything went well, my practitioner was very attentive & informative.
- Kateryna Topol
What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a series of lumpy and dimpled skin that appear on the thighs, buttocks, hips, breasts, and abdomen. The medical term for cellulite is edematous fibrosclerotic panniculopathy (EFP). Due to its appearance, it’s also referred to as “orange peel” or “cheese cottage” skin.
Because cellulite is caused by normal fat underneath the skin, it’s not a health risk. However, it’s aesthetically unappealing. This is why at Lumiskins, we provide you with most advanced cellulite removal and treatment methods in Toronto.
What Causes Cellulite?
The real cause behind the formation of cellulite is not yet known. However, certain risk factors predispose you to have cellulite. These factors include:
- Sex – Cellulite is more common in women than in men. This is due to the difference in fat, connective tissue, and muscle distribution in men and women. In women, fat is distributed in the hips, buttocks, and thighs, where cellulite is more common. Women also tend to have a higher fat percentage (27%) as opposed to men (15%). These reasons make cellulite more common in women. It affects between 80 – 90% of the women population
- Genetics – If you happen to come from a family where one of your parents has cellulite, there’s a higher chance that it will affect you as well. Cellulite emanating from hereditary genes is one of the major factors that predispose most people to cellulite, even when they try to keep fit.
- The thickness of skin – Cellulite occurs right underneath the skin. If you have thin/ light skin, it has more elasticity. This makes it easier for adipose tissue to push through and form cellulite. The thicker your skin, the harder it is for adipose tissue to accumulate and form lumps.
- Age – As we age, the skin becomes thin and loses its elasticity. This makes it easier for cellulite to form, as there is less resistance. Cellulite also tends to occur more in post-puberty women of 25 years and above, but it can still affect younger people, including teenagers.
One misconception about cellulite is that it forms based on weight and size. This isn’t true. Cellulite can affect anyone without regard to their weight or size.
Other factors that might predispose you to cellulite include pregnancy, unhealthy lifestyle, hormones, weight gain, poor diet, and inactivity. Although many factors increase the risk of having cellulite, the process through which they form is the same; adipose fat deposits push against connective tissues creating dimples and lumps.
Cellulite Removal Methods
Are you bothered by cellulite? What about the frustrating creams and other remedies that don’t deliver? Worry no more! At Lumiskins , we offer you the best cellulite removal and treatment in Toronto. Once you book an appointment, our cosmetologist will examine you and recommended a treatment plan based on the extent of your cellulite.
We are using the most in-demand aesthetic treatments workstation – Venus Versa™
Vitamin B6 & B12 injections
Vitamin B6 and B12 are known to increase energy production in the body by encouraging the metabolism of fat. When the two vitamins are injected into a cellulite site, they increase fat metabolism. This reduces the fatty lumps, which result in a well-contoured body. Amino Acids are also included in these injections to encourage the production of collagen which tightens and strengthens the skin.
Benefits Of Cellulite Removal And Treatment
- Boosts self-confidence and self-esteem
- The procedures used lead to the elimination of excess fat through the lymphatic system
- Improves aesthetics by eliminating bumps and dimples
- Enhances skin elasticity through increased collagen production
- Increases blood flow to the skin to keep it healthy long after the treatments are over
Cellulite Removal Frequently Asked Questions
What does the cellulite removal and treatment procedure do?
What’s the duration of the results?
How long does the cellulite treatment take?
When can I expect to see visible cellulite reduction?
Who We Are
We Offer you a wide range of beauty treatments
Meet With Professional Team
What Clients Says