Rosacea Treatment in Toronto
Lovely and clean space, came in for skin tag removals, everything went well, my practitioner was very attentive & informative.
- Kateryna Topol
Rosacea is a skin condition that mainly affects the face. It’s characterized by reddening and flushing of the skin which may be accompanied by inflammation (papulopustular) on the affected areas. Although rosacea may appear and disappear, the reddening and inflammation tend to get intense with time. This is why it’s important to get immediate treatment before the condition worsens.
The characteristics of Rosacea affect our esthetics and that’s why at Lumiskins, we provide you with the best Rosacea treatment procedures in Toronto.
Causes Of Rosacea
- Genetics – Rosacea usually runs in the family. If a member or members of your family are affected by rosacea, there’s a high chance that you’ll be affected as well.
- Blood vessel damage – The reddish characteristic of Rosacea is associated with problems with blood vessels. They increase in size which makes blood flow closer to the skin’s surface causing redness.
- Microbial Organisms – A microbial organism, referred to as Demodex, normally inhabit the human hair follicles. When one is affected by rosacea, these microorganisms move and inhabit the affected areas which trigger an immune response of helper T-cells. This leads to inflammation.
- Another microbial organism that is believed to be associated with Rosacea is Helicobacter pylori which. It increases the amount of gastric acid which might lead to skin flushing.
- Climate exposure – Exposure to severe climates, such as solar radiation, destroys the cutaneous blood vessels and connective tissue. This is why Rosacea tends to affect the face and flares up during sunny weather.
- Sex – women have a higher chance of getting affected by rosacea than men.
- Acne – If you have ever suffered severe acne, you’re more predisposed to suffering from Rosacea.
Methods Of Rosacea Treatment
Rosacea is not only an esthetically unsuitable condition but a painful and uncomfortable one if left untreated for long. At Lumiskins, we provide you with advanced treatment options that keep your condition in check. Our treatment methods include:
Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy
IPL utilizes multichromatic light to breakdown damaged tissue which induces rejuvenation. In Rosacea treatment, IPL targets hemoglobin, blood vessels, connective tissue, and other damaged tissue. It breaks down the damaged tissue which is then eliminated by the lymphatic system. The targeted tissue revitalizes reducing the appearance of Rosacea.
Laser treatment is a non-invasive procedure for Rosacea treatment. It utilizes specific wavelengths of light to breakdown damaged tissue which stimulates rejuvenation. In Rosacea, it’s used to induce the healing of connective tissue by stimulating the production of collagen. This restores the epidermal barrier. It also leads to the reduction in the size of the dilated blood vessels with minor to null damage to the nearby tissue. This reduces the appearance of Rosacea, including the reddish and bumpy features.
Our Treatment Procedure
On the day of your set appointment with our cosmetologist, a thorough examination is conducted to understand the severity of your Rosacea. This helps our specialists to come up with treatment options which are then laid out for you.
One session of Rosacea laser/IPL therapy takes about one hour. Depending on the severity of your condition, you may require four to eight Rosacea treatment sessions in a period of twelve to fifteen weeks to attain optimal results. The treatments are performed under a topical anesthetic cream to ensure your comfort throughout the treatment sessions.
After the treatment sessions, one may experience pink flushes on the treated areas which fade away after a few hours. The treatment areas may also appear darker but the skin returns to normal after a couple of days.
After each treatment session, one should avoid exposure to sunlight and keep the treated areas moisturized.
We provide our clients with a post-treatment guide to maintain the acquired results and decrease the chances of rosacea occurring. For example, we point out the trigger factors and encourage our patients to avoid them if possible.
4. Maintenance Program
Rosacea is a chronic condition that has no cure. It necessitates follow-up or maintenance treatments to ensure that it doesn’t recur. The maintenance program entails one Rosacea treatment session every two to four months.
Benefits Of Rosacea Treatment
- Increases the production of collagen for healthier and stronger skin
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- The Rosacea treatments also clear up scars
- Improves overall esthetics including skin tone and texture
- Reduces the visibility of blood vessels
Rosacea Treatment Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Rosacea treatment cost?
What are the side effects of Rosacea treatment?
How long does the Rosacea treatment results last?
Rosacea is a lifelong condition. However, if you undergo our treatment program and maintenance treatments, you reduce the chances of Rosacea recurring.
This means that the longevity of the results acquired after completing your treatment program depends on the maintenance taken to retain them. This includes the follow-up treatments, avoiding Rosacea triggers, and following all the tips given by our specialists.
Is there a cure for Rosacea?
How long does a Rosacea treatment session take?
Who We Are
We Offer you a wide range of beauty treatments
What Clients Says