Skin Tag Removal in Toronto
Lovely and clean space, came in for skin tag removals, everything went well, my practitioner was very attentive & informative.
- Kateryna Topol
What Is A Skin Tag?
A skin tag, acrochordon, or soft fibroma is a common noncancerous, painless skin growth (benign tumor) that is loosely suspended by a short, thin stalk called a “peduncle.” It contains blood vessels and collagen tissue.
Skin tags typically occur among skin folds including, armpits, under the breasts, neck, eyelids, and groin. They can be either smooth or irregular.
Although skin tags are harmless, they can be irritating and not aesthetically desirable. This is why Lumiskins provides you with safe, noninvasive procedures to remove skin tags in Toronto and help you regain your natural and desirable looks.
What Causes Skin Tag?
The exact cause of skin tags is unknown. However, several predisposing factors increase the risk of acquiring skin tags. They include:
- Age– skin tags are more common as people age. They are more common in middle-aged people and tend to increase with age. They are rare in children and infants, but they can occur around the neck area or underarm due to rubbing of the skin.
- Pregnancy– Pregnant women have high levels of hormones and gain weight, which increases skin tag occurrence. Numerous skin tags in pregnant women, rarely, can be a sign of an endocrine problem or hormonal imbalance.
- Weight– skin tags are more common in overweight or obese people. They are usually present in large numbers.
- Family history– if you have several family members who have skin tags, then you’re at a higher risk of getting one
- Underlying Conditions– According to research, certain diseases such as HPV and insulin resistance increase the risk of acquiring skin tags. A study done in 2010 using 37 skin tags from different parts of the body found that almost 50 perfect of these tags had HPV DNA in them.
- Genetic mutation– skin tags can also be rarely linked to rare genetic conditions, including Birt-Hogg-Dubé (BHD) and Polycystic ovary syndrome.
Note: If you have a skin growth that itches, bleeds or keeps changing color, get in touch with your doctor immediately. It may be a sign of a severe condition, including skin cancer.
Skin Tag Removal Methods In Toronto
Most skin tags are not a cause for alarm. However, they can be a nuisance, unappealing, and stubborn. In this case, they can be removed for cosmetic purposes and to eliminate the irritation they cause. Although there are many home remedies that you can utilize to remove them, you should consult an expert before trying to remove your skin tags. One of the reasons you should seek an expert cosmetologist is because most home remedies fail and leave you disappointed. Another reason is that there are safer and sure ways of removing skin tags.
At Lumiskins, we utilize the best and most advanced skin tag removal techniques. They leave you with minimal to no scarring and restore your natural look. Our skin tag removal methods include:
Cryotherapy is the use of liquid nitrogen to freeze the skin tags. The application of liquid nitrogen on the skin tags needs to be precise to avoid damaging nearby skin tissues or leaving unwanted scars. Luckily, our cosmetologist are well trained and experienced when it comes to this procedure.
Contact us for more information about skin tag removal in Toronto using cryotherapy.
Electrocautery, or thermal cautery, is the utilization of direct or pulsed electric current to heat a resistant metallic wire electrode. The heated electrode is then placed on the skin tag to bring about tissue destruction.
At Lumiskins, this method is the most utilized to remove skin tags.
Benefits of Skin Tag Removal
- Restores your natural aesthetic look as minimal to no blemishes are left after recovery
- Boosts your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Eliminates the rare chance of your benign skin tag getting malignant (Cancerous)
Skin Tag Removal Frequently Asked Questions
What do the skin tag removal procedures do?
What is The Duration of The Skin Tag Removal Results?
How long does the skin tag removal procedure take?
The time taken during skin tag removal depends on the type of procedure, the number of skin tags, and the size of the skin tags. Also, depending on the size of skin tags, one may require more than one visit to our clinic.
Book an appointment to learn how long your skin tag procedure will take.
Which Type of Anesthetic is Commonly Used During Skin Tag Removal Procedures?
A local anesthetic is normally applied during skin tag removal. A skin tag procedure such as electrocautery involves burning of the skin tag tissue, which is painful if done without numbing the target area first.
At Lumiskins, our clients’ happiness and comfort come first. Book an appointment and get a painless, noninvasive skin tag removal.
How long do I need to take Off Work?
The skin tag removal procedures utilized at Lumiskins are noninvasive. This means that you can get back to work the day after the procedure.
However, in cases where the skin tags are in sensitive areas, you can take more time to recover. On average, full recovery takes up to ten days.
How Long Do I Wait For Before Getting Back to Exercise?
Who We Are
We Offer you a wide range of beauty treatments
Meet With Professional Team
What Clients Says